The Corlia Roberts Diamond education College, based in Johannesburg, South Africa offers a comprehensive diamond course, diamond courses in grading and polishing. Learn about a diamond’s cut, color, clarity, and shape and how to use the rapaport for a diamond, it is aimed especially for those striving for a career in diamonds and jewelry hoping to be both recognized and treated as professionals”.
The courses will benefit countless people, including “sales associates, managers, owners, buyers, manufacturer’s sales representatives, pawnbrokers, appraisers, wholesalers, designers, gem lab personnel, and anybody that is interested in becoming a diamond broker or wanting to earn extra money.”
The principal and lecturer of the College is Corlia Roberts.
Her achievements include:
- GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Diamond Grading course
- (GIA) Diamond Course
- (GIA) Colored stone Grading Course
- (GIA) Colored stone Course
- (GIA) Gem Identification Course
- (GIA) Pearl Course
- (EGL) European Gemological Laboratories ?Diamonds and Diamond Grading Course
She is a qualified Fashion Designer, has 15 years experience in the industry and studyed through the FGA (Fellow of the Gemological Association of Great Britain)
Possible career opportunities include:
- Sales consultant (jewelry and diamond stores).
- Managers for retail (jewelry and diamond stores).
- Diamond buyers for retail outlets.
- Diamond buyers for wholesale outlets.
- Travel consultants for major diamond firms.
- Diamond consultant for private companies.
- Diamond factory supervisor.
- Diamond cutter for diamond production factories.
- Rough Diamond broker for small and large companies.
Courses currently being run at the college include the following:
Through our unique combination of one-on-one coaching and integrated videos ,students will learn to grade diamonds, gold, precious metals and coloured stones more consistently and accurately using the very latest in gemmological microscopes. On completion of the course, successful students will receive a Corlia Roberts Diamond Education College Completion certificate, which “will undoubtedly open doors within a traditionally insular industry”.
To prepare the student to become proficient in every technique involved in the manufacture and grading of diamonds.In order to make the right decision, learn all about a diamond’s cut, color , clarity, and shape as well as how to polish a diamond
To teach the student how to sort and buy diamonds both in the rough and polished state and how colour, imperfection , shape and proportions affect diamonds prices.
- diamond crystallography
- diamond grading systehysical and optical properties: how to clarity grade, and how to plot clarity characteristics;
- inclusions and blemishes;
- how to colour grade diamonds in the normal colour range;
- how cut affects light return, beauty and value;
- how to determine table, crown angle, pavilion and depth;How to Buy a Diamond: Information to Learn About Diamonds |CR Diamond Education College
- how to compare proportions;
- grading fancy shaped diamonds;
- Moissanite identification;
- Gold and precious metal identification
- diamond stimulants and treatments;
- how to grade mounted diamonds;
- fancy coloured diamonds;
- colour stone overview
- stages of diamond polishing; and
- marketing of diamonds, how to buy and sell diamonds gold, colored stones and the international diamond price structure.
On completion of the course, successful students will receive a Corlia Roberts Diamond Education College Completion certificate, which “will undoubtedly open doors within a traditionally insular industry”.